Below are some frequently asked questions about your experience here at the Waxing Spot.
What should I do before my waxing appointment?Be sure your hair is at least 1/4″ long for best results. Thicker hair should be closer to 1/2″. Seven to ten days of growth after shaving is typically good. Please do NOT go to a tanning bed before or after your appointment as this can cause your skin to lift and become very irritated. Spray tans could be done AFTER your waxing appointment. It is recommended, but not required, to exfoliate the area(s) you are getting waxed within 24 hours prior to your appointment. Taking Ibuprofin (not Aspirin!) and avoiding alcohol and caffeine beforehand may help ease discomfort as well.
Does waxing hurt?Of course pulling hair out of its follicle isn’t going to be comfortable. However, everyone has a different experience. Rest assured, Waxing Spot uses a variety of different waxes suited for different areas of the body, hair type and skin type. And as you can read in the comments from our clients, we offer the least painful waxing experience.
What about ingrown hairs?We recommend keeping the area exfoliated to avoid ingrown hairs. You may also want to use a topical cream. We carry Finipil, which is an antiseptic cream that cools and protects the follicle. For best results, both are recommended.
Can I get waxed during my period?Yes, but please wear a clean, fresh tampon. Please know your skin is more sensitive during this time.
What is good post wax care?Here are ways to maximize your waxing and prevent any issues.
- Get waxed every 4-6 weeks like clockwork! This will get all the hair on the same growth pattern, plus get your skin acclimated.
- Don’t shave, tweeze, thread, or use any kind of depilation in between appointments. If you do, you interrupt the growth pattern, and the hair will not come out correctly, nor stay gone as long as it will if you only wax every 4 weeks.
- Exfoliate 2-3 times per week and use Finipil after a shower and before a workout for the first 2-3 weeks.
- Avoid a sauna, hot tub or heavy sweating the day of waxing.
- Get waxed every 4 weeks like clockwork! Got it?